Join the conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
visit the web sites: www.discovertheforest.org and www.wilderness.org
Now that it is dark at 5 PM on the East Coast going outside at night is not my cup of tea. I'd rather be at home, having a cup of tea, watching television, and sitting on my comfy couch.
But luckily there are weekends and days where we can get outside and explore nature in a park or forest near by! You can gather up the family and head outside for a brisk walk in the park looking at the leaves falling, see what animals are around, and just enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Take a break from the weekly chores, and get outside!
You can enter the Discover the Forest's Get Your Community Outdoors and win $1000 for your community and $500 airline voucher to visit a park!
About “Discover the Forest's Get Your Community Outdoors!” Challenge on GOOD Maker:
- Challenge Brainstorming Tips:
- What would you tell or show someone to convince them to spend more time with their family outdoors?
- How could you get them there?
- How could you explain all of the benefits?
- Think about your favorite way to enjoy the wilderness and what makes that so great.
- Now, put your thoughts in words, photographs or video between now and November 13 before the online voting begins.
- Challenge Details:
- Submit an Idea from October 16, 2012 to November 13, 2012 (noon, PT).
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Write at least 3-5 sentences that explain how you would inspire your community to escape and enjoy nature.
- Only US-based organizations and individuals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 13 years of age or older.
- Full Contest Rules: (discovertheforest.maker.good.
- Ideas will be posted for public voting November 14 - November 30, 2012.
- Rally your colleagues and friends to vote for your entry.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 to activate their idea during the months of Dec. 1, 2012-December 2013.