I read a pile of books and magazines concerning pregnancy, child birth, and newborns. I even kept one of the books under my pillow. I had morning sickness all day, all the time and somehow that one book was my remedy for feeling queasy. Of course it didn't cure the morning sickness, but the peace of mind was worth it.
The Baby is here, now what?
A new book from American Academy of Pediatrics, THE BIG BOOK OF SYMPTOMS: A-Z GUIDE TO YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH, a resource for your child's day-to-day health and safety issues is available this August.
I might keep this one under my pillow too- but it will be on my bookshelf for quick reference.
In this book, parent's grandparents, and caregivers, can read over everyday symptoms your child may be exhibiting. I found the book to be easily navigated, informative, and a wonderful resource for any parent/caregiver.
What a great baby shower gift!
What's in The Big Book of Symptoms: A-Z Guide To Your Child’s Health?
- How to handle colicky newborns that cry 3 to 5 hours a day.
- How to ease your toddler into a normal sleeping routine, so you can all sleep.
- Is it a fever, a symptom of something else, an illness? Pay attention to other symptoms before giving fever reducing medicines.
- Bee stings and tick bites cause reactions, how do you treat them?
- What about teenage acne? Help your teen treat acne and keep that awkward embarrassment out of school.
- An illustrated first aid manual
- A Cardiopulmonary resuscitation chart (CPR)
- Age specific safety and injury prevention tips.
- Table of contents, chapters and an index to help you locate your topic quickly
- When to call the pediatrician
- Feeding, vomiting, diarrhea,
- Over use of media
- depression, mood swings
- and many more concerns listed by chapter, text, charts, diagrams, and warnings
"Edited by two esteemed members of AAP, Steven P. Shelov, MD, FAAP, and Shelly V. Flais, MD, FAAP, The Big Book of Symptoms is an A-Z directory and ultimate guide to over 100 of the most common childhood symptoms from infancy to adolescence. From bee bites and colic to fever, sleep and skin problems, the new guide is designed to help parents evaluate their child’s symptoms and distinguish minor every day concerns from more serious conditions. It also includes an illustrated first aid manual, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) chart, and age-specific safety and injury prevention tips."
For you chance to win a copy of American Academy of Pediatrics,The Big Book of Symptoms: A-Z Guide To Your Child’s Health enter the Raffelcopter widget. One winner will be randomly chosen. One copy will be sent to said winner. Open to residents of USA.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To purchase the book visit AAP web site. ISBN 13: 978-1-58110-840-8
Disclosure: I was sent a copy of American Academy of Pediatrics,The Big Book of Symptoms: A-Z Guide To Your Child’s Health for this post. The comments and views are my own.